Sunday, March 22, 2015

Ski Trip 2015

     OK. So here are the pics of the amazing trip to Colorado I promised. Sorry it took so long. I had to collect a few of them from some of the teens.
   
     First of all, I want to start by thanking American Airlines for covering are flights, there and back for now 10 or 11 years. Next,  I want to thank Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for not only having me apart of this trip for the third time now, with amazing people, but also with amazing care since I was 7 years old. You guys are truly amazing. Also I want to thank Dr. Herring for coming up with the idea and making it happen 34 years ago.  Finally, I want to thank National Sports Center for 34 years of letting Scottish Rite group come down every year. Thank you to the staff and all the volunteers.
     There are no words I can use to describe how amazing the trip was. It was amazing, a blessing and another life changing event.

Here are the pics.  Day 1. 
We spent the whole getting to Colorado and getting to know each other.
All of us crazy people before we took. off.
Dr. Kevin was about the craziest doctor I've met. This was the first picture of the trip I have on my iPod. I handed him the iPod to take a pic of the group and he insisted on a selfie first.  


They did a water canon as the plain took off.
Beautiful view from the sky! Shows you big our God is!!
Marilou, Lauren, and Selam. Plan buddies.
This was after the plain and 1 hr of car ride. We stopped for pizza and got to know each other very quickly. Out of 
the three years I've gone, this was the fastest we've ever bonded.
First night
Sarah, Selam, and I were room mates!
Made it into the News paper. 

More coming. 

Erika M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Feed back is welcome