Monday, June 29, 2015

A Safe Haven (Last year of Out on A Limb Camp)

    So I attended my last year of Out On A Limb Camp out of 9 years this year! Man, I am feeling old.
I don't think there is any way I can describe this camp and have my readers get the same feeling or excitement I get every time I hear of it unless you've been there.  There is truly no other place like Peaceable Kingdom, Out On A Limb. 
    I have been to many places in my life that have made me feel comfortable, but this place has a special feeling, smell, sound, comfort, joy, people and I could go on and on!!! I've been attending this camp for 9 years and this was my last. It was a fun but a hard year, knowing that on Friday I would say goodbye to the people I absolutely love and have grown up with; to my family! I would say good bye to the Kingdom!  The Peaceful one, filled with acceptance and focusing on what we could do. The safe haven. The many trails I've walked and ridden on, the lake I fished on and often times told to kiss the fish, the cabin that gave us rest, the gulf carts that carried us from place to another (as well as the driver, Robert), the lodge that was always filled with drinks and gave us our 3 meals (Mrs. Angela the cook) as well as awesome dance parties!, the pool that was splashed and jumped in every day, the rock-wall that had seen many faces climbed for the last time and the zip line, the swing that gave me butterflies in my stomach every year, and the theater that heard many laughters and screams of joy if you had beaten some one at air hockey, aswell as the stage that had seen so many kids perform!!!! The PKRC staff and volunteers that have put up with us ever year, and even the new ones who got tickled like crazy! The TSRH nurses, staff, and volunteers who gave us meds and band aids! All the campers that made laugh and cry SO hard this year! I cried so much that if Tony and Zack were there they would have teased me as they did Kylie on her last year!  
     Thank you guys so much for making my last year so memorable, as well as all of my other years! I will be back as soon as I can Lord willing! I love you guys all very much!!!

Here are some pictures of my last year, but I have a lot more coming!!!


Camp pictures. 

All the graduates of 2015
 Camp Out On A Limb

 Kash and I.
 My camp Papie

 Pool Time
 Culinary Arts.

 Caught a fish!!
 Put Put
 All the staff and I from 2015

I hope you enjoyed the pics as much as I've enjoyed the people and the camp!!
More to come!!

3 comments:

Any Feed back is welcome