Saturday, June 11, 2016

An Update On My Busy life

Hey there guys. I apologize for not posting as much as I had planned but life once again got ahead of me, keeping me from updating all you interested readers. :) I have a few pics to kinda show you about my eventful life that will show ya'll what I've been up to.

Have I ever told ya'll how wonderful my parents are, and oh how much fun they bring in my crazy life.!! They bring me absolute joy from day to day. The picture below captures who they are perfectly! My father is the most sarcastic man I've ever known, filled with excitement in his heart and the joy of watching his children grow up. He loves every single one of us Minich boys and girls, the ones who have done well, as well as the ones who continue to do poorly. Papa loves receiving hugs and then sneaking in a tickle a time or two. And I love giving it to him. Even with his crazy silliness and sarcasm, he has such a gentle and loving spirit which makes him such a wonderful man and father.  My mother, who is absolutely beautiful or "drop dead gorgeous" has the love of saint. And I don't say this lightly. I have never met another woman who has given so much love to the most unlovable people on the planet. I have watched this wonderful God fearing lady love every single one of her children in a way that I've seen no other parent do. She has endlessly given up her desires and wants and put others first. She has a gentle and loving heart, which shines brighter than any jewel. This gentleness is portrayed almost everyday and it is beautiful to see. She has taught me the real definition of what love is and what sacrificial love looks like. The beauty you see in the picture below, is also a small glimpse of my mom's beautiful big heart. Oh, and did I mention how crazy this mama can be. Yes, She has the spirit of a young adult which is so much fun for Sarah and I. 

This pic below was taken at Winter Park, Colorado with an Amputee Ski group which Sarah and I were amazingly invited to again. It was a great week spent with some amazing people who have overcome great obstacles in their life. This is one week in our lives, where we spend time with teens who understand our circumstances, make jokes and laugh about it with us. 

Went down 36 mph this year. The fastest on record for my ski group!

Um, yes. My sister and our church friend. This was after our Church service was over and we were goofing off in the church parking lot. Oh and Sarah has her permit so she's been enjoying time behind the wheel. 



Sarah and I got invited to a birthday party with a bunch of boys. Our Friend John, turned 17 and wanted both us to be apart of it. We had a blast with them, I didn't realize how much fun guys could be. Thanks bro, Sarah and I really enjoyed it. 
This guy though! Happy birthday brother from a different mother, and thanks for having us apart your birthday event. 

Not to long ago, we had the pleasure of witnessing a baptism in our Church. 

So I was scrolling through my pictures on my ipod one day and came across this memorable picture of me and my father dancing to a song called "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. I love this song, way more than I should, but it captures in words the relation between a father and his daughter, and oh how precious the time is. It captures how fast this time goes especially in the fathers eyes, and how the days may be long, but the years go by fast. Mama took this picture during the daddy daughter dance at our neighbors wedding and I absolutely love it and will always treasure it. And then one day, if this day does happen to me, another picture will be recaptured, but I will be wearing the white gown and he will once again, dance with his Cinderella, but this time, after the clock has struck midnight. 

Sarah and I got to meet up with some former ski trip friends on a Friday in which we enjoyed a wonderful lunch talking and catching up on each others lives. 

So putting aside my crazy life, I've been blessed with a full payed scholarship to any College I choose!! Life really has amazing opportunities and I can't wait to go out in the world to experience more of it. I'm super excited to put this scholarship to use, and can't wait to learn more. Watch out UTD, here I come!



I surprised myself this year and passed all my college classes with all A's! Feeling very successful in my education this semester. Fingers crossed for the next semester. 

Okay so this picture is my favorite at the moment. This is mama and Sarah doing workouts on the floor before heading to bed. I'm telling you, if you were there, you would not have stopped laughing the entire time of watching this. My mom's determined face and Sarah laughing so hard captures only the small part of an end to our busy day! You got this mom. I believe in you. 

Oh, did I forget to mention I'm graduating this year. I am. I have finally done it. Finished up all my high school years and already in the midst of some college education. I had the pleasure spending time with a photographer friend who captured my graduation pictures for the invitations I've been sending out to all the people I love and have been apart of my life. Thanks Mr. Palmer. Really enjoyed last Sunday. 



Sarah and I continue to work at Little Caesars, me as the cashier, and her as the pizza maker. I can't express how much fun it is to have her there. We laugh together while making pizza, make other employees laugh while cleaning dishes, converse with those about Christianity who are willing to listen and have questions to ask! When it's not busy at the store, Sarah comes up and joins me at the Register, in which we both have the pleasure of making customers either smile or laugh, and often times all I have to do is tease her about forgetting the penny she owes to the customer, or the pizza she forgot to get out, and even make fun of her when she tries to tear the receipt for the customer to sign, but she can't. LOL. She brings me absolute joy and lifts my spirit when I'm tired of dealing with hungry people who want their five dollar pizza pronto!

Life in the Minich family continues, with it's hardships and joys. Some of us have chosen wisely in life, and others not so much. Some of us have moved away and chosen a different life than we knew before, and others are still awaiting to come home. C. S. Lewis once said that “Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” Life is this teacher, and boy have I learned! I still have much to learn, some of which will be taught through more suffering and other things which will discovered through joy.

Hope y'all enjoyed.
More about life to come!!

Erika M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Feed back is welcome