Monday, May 25, 2015

A Country Wedding

      It's been a while since I've been to a wedding. Last night, I got to go to one. Our next door neighbors son was getting married and we were invited. At first I thought I wasn't going to be able to go but thankfully I was able too!! And I am so thankful I got to!

We got there a little late but just in time to see the groom kiss his bride as we pulled  up! 
The wedding was on beautiful country acres.  



 I loved these flowers with the wood
and candles!

It was perfect! Not to much but yet not to little! Most of the guests wore Cowboy hats and jeans, so I fit right in cause I didn't have time to get into a dressy outfit! It was simple but SO beautiful. It wasn't rushed, it was well planned out! 

I love this picture of my parents.
Such personality captured here.





     It was beautiful watching the groom gaze at his bride, as he danced with her, held her in his arms and kissed her! He looked at her and the look in his eyes said it all "I promise to love you, protect you, and keep you through good and bad tell death do us part."











    They had a daddy daughter dance and they played my favorite song!! "Butterfly Kisses".   I knew that song by heart.   I watched the father and daughter dance and saw the joy in the fathers eyes as he looked into his daughter; so proud of her! So proud of the beautiful lady she turned into and moments before he gave her away to the man of her dreams! I can't imagine how hard that must have been! 



    In the middle of the song they called up all the dads and daughters and had them dance! I didn't  pass that up at all. Papa walked me to the dance floor and started dancing with me as I sang the words to the song! I pondered everything, and then he whispered in my ear, "Someday, this will be you sweetie. It will be you!"  Those words made it hard to breath! It was a scary idea but yet exciting. One day, if the Lord wills it, he will give me away. He held me closer and sang the words with me! I would remember this dance, forever, especially on my wedding day! 




Next they had a mother son dance, which sadly non of my brothers were there so mama couldn't dance. I can't remember the name of the song for that dance but was as beautiful as the one for the daddy daughter dance.







Jacob and Whitney Danial! 
Jacob, you are quite the romantic one! Whitney, you are so beautiful! 
I want to congratulate you both and wish you a great and happy marriage!!
PS. So glad our adorable puppies made it into the the slide show!!









Congrats!!!!


Erika M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Feed back is welcome